Progress in Bastrop, Texas
- Completion of our Industrial Park.
- Completion of our River Walk.
- Start of our huge paving and
- Plans for starting our new Public
- Affordable housing: With
Riverside Grove, over 40 homes and lots have been sold. 80 assisted living apartments are being built.
Other apartment complexes are on the drawing board. Finally, we will be able to house
future work forces for business and industries in our new industrial park and others
wishing to live in our wonderful community.
- Improvement in neighborhood safety.
- Preservation of our historic business and residential areas.
- For citizens in the city limits of Tahitian Village: Budgeting $20,000 annually
to help pave streets and working on an arrangement to station a fire truck in Tahitian
Village to help provide faster fire protection as well as reduced fire insurance rates for
citizens in the area.
Challenges facing Bastrop,
- Managing and controlling growth so that the quality of life in our community
will only be enhanced!
- Finding quality industries for our economic development park.
- Managing traffic congestion
on Highway 71 while not forgetting our businesses on the highway.
- Helping to bring a theatre to our community.
- Working with WCID to reach an agreement for water/wastewater in the city limits
of Tahitian Village.
- Protecting the Historic Preservation values of our community.
- Finding solutions to downtown parking and traffic bottlenecks on the new bridge.
- Making much needed building improvements for City Hall.
- Addressing the needs of our Youth and Senior Citizens.
- Having patience as we incur inconveniences due to the massive paving and drainage improvements being
undertaken. These are the largest improvements in our history, that I can remember!
to the Progress and Challenges Index.
I invite your comments and suggestions! E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bastrop High School Class Reunions
The Community |
Site Search | Meet Neil
Gurwitz | Community Calendar
Photo Tours |
Mailing List | Links
Web hosting, design, and database development by
Eager Web Services, LLC
Copyright © 1999-2007 Bastrop Texas Network. All rights reserved.